Memorandum of understanding
Done and signed in Tel-Aviv on 02/04/13
The Israeli Basketball Super League Administration (2002) Ltd (BSL).. On behalf of the 12 Super League Basketball teams (hereinafter: "The Administration " )
On the one hand
Israeli Basketball Players Association
(hereinafter: "The Association ")
On the other hand
Since the 2011 agreement between the parties is to be completed on June 7, 2013;
Whereas the parties held negotiations hosted by the sports administration in the Sports Ministry aims to reach an agreement concerning the next 5 seasons;
Therefore, it was agreed between the parties as follows:
1. Subject to condition as specified in section 7 below, the strike will terminate and the players will return to regular training and work immediately, Super League will be fulfilled as planned.
2. A framework for the next 5 Seasons (seasons: 2013-14, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2016-17, 2017-2018) (hereinafter: "the next 5 Seasons") will take place in the "Russian law" i.e. each team will be required to share two players who have Israeli citizenship (no age limit), at any time of the game. The Administration will adjust the regulation according to the above, as well as the existence of violation of the Russian law caused by a team.
3. During the next 5 seasons, and during every season, all teams will be able to register up to five Super League players who have foreign citizenship on the form the game. In addition, each team will be able to register three more players who have a foreign citizenship (overall up to 8 players with foreign citizenship, 5 on each game form). It is clarified that any game each team can register up to 5 different players in the game from out of 8 foreign players mentioned above.
4. During the next 3 seasons (seasons: 2013-14, 2014-15, 2015-16) each team will be required to register on its roster two Israeli players under the age of 22 and third Israeli player under the age of 25. Determining time for ages above is when the registration of players, as determined by the Administration and approved by the Association of basketball, every season.
5. A. during the next 5 Seasons team who will register only 4 foreign players or less during all championship games and all Cup games, every season for the next 5 seasons, it will receive a grant of $80,000 for each season ("bonus"). For the avoidance of doubt, a team which will share 5 foreign players in any one game, will be denied her bonus.
b. The Administration guarantees that all money that will receive from the sponsorship ,every season for the next 5 seasons, priority will be assigned, for the bonus.
C. The Administration undertakes to anchor the provisions of this section, in any agreement that will be signed between it and its main sponsorship.
D. Note that if the Administration will not fully carry out this section, the Association can cancel this agreement and will not be able to sue for payment under this agreement. For the avoidance of doubt, the Association will be able to claim the existence of other articles of this agreement.
6. With the signing of this agreement, the parties give up one to another and/or acting on their behalf, on any claim and/or claim that rose during the strike. The Administration and the 12 Premier League teams undertake not to deduct wages of players and/or working conditions and pay on time the players who stroke. This memorandum of understanding is to sign after the Histadrut will notify about the rejection of the claim filed in the Administrative Court in Jerusalem .
8. 120 days before the end of this agreement, the parties will conduct negotiations to renew this agreement.
The article signed by parties:
Memorandum of understanding